Saturday, February 6, 2010

Less than cool...

It seems Front Sight Institute is using the dash-cam video of Deputy Dinkheller death in the line of duty in a rather blatant attempt to sell class seats. (Link straight to Front Sight, click only if you want to get even angrier.)
I don't disagree that there's a lesson to be learned from the event, show it in classes, dissect it endlessly at Law Enforcement Academies, but using it for advertising purposes is pretty disgusting. I'm not familiar with Piazza, but I haven't seen much more than a lot of references to him pretty much sucking as a person.

Dang, now I'm gonna go to sleep all grumpy.

ETA: Apparently (from forum rumblings) the NRA has pulled all Front Sight advertisements from their publications. That makes me feel a little better.

No comments: