Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Starbucks Appreciation Day


At least for us gun owners and self defense advocates.

Sunday, Feb. 21st, is apparently the chosen day.
I've never really been a big Starbucks fan in the past, in fact I've been quite anti-Starbucks in the past. (Overall their coffee has always struck me as overpriced and mediocre. Not complete truck stop sludge, but nothing to write home about either.) And I'll more than likely continue to frequent the locally owned, roast our own in house, coffee place, despite it's location (inside a magic 1000' school zone bubble),because their coffee tastes better and I'd rather give my monies to a locally owned place.

But, I will be stopping by the Starbucks out in the Crossroads Commons area in Plover to sit down for a cup or two and write up a couple posts that have been bouncing around inside my head and being deflected by diary cows and earthquake data. (Stupid homework taking up my time...)

Although some people are a bit against the outward statement to the local employees (and for some good reasons), I'll be the one with the Sig on my hip and the netbook with the Magpul 10th Anniversary sticker. It's not like I can hide my gun in this state after all.

No comments: