.

.

Kilted to Kick Cancer 2014!

Once again, Guns & Coffee is Kilted to Kick Cancer!

Donations can be made on the

Please check "This donation is made as part of a Fundraising Team" and select "Team Guns & Coffee" from the drop-down menu.

Also keep in mind-
Kilted to Kick Cancer is proud to announce we have received the stamp of approval from the IRS to operate under section 501(c)(3) of the revenue code.
Short version: The money you donate to help us spread the word about cancer risks for guys and gals alike…it’s tax deductible now!
Thank you for your support!



Friday, August 13, 2010

1911 - Phase One...

Initiate!  Wolf ext. power extractor spring and action spring showed up while I was working.  Noticeably snappier slide.  We'll see how the extractor spring goes next time I hit the range.

16 comments:

Tam said...

If thy pistol needeth an extractor spring, it is not an M1911, but rather a vile abomination in the eyes of the Lord.

-The Revelation of St. John the Divine, Chapter 19, Verse 11.

Fred said...

I was young and naive. Eventually I'll get all graduated and will be able to afford to get somebody to build me a nice one. In the mean time...

JD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JD said...

Tam,

Some would say the same thing about a 1911 in 9mm. :D

Tam said...

"Some would say the same thing about a 1911 in 9mm."

You mean the Para LTC9 I use as a game gun and a trainer for my 1911s? ;)


(WV: "Halas" "Da Bears haven't been the same since.")

JD said...

Yep.

Tam said...

Of course it's not a real 1911!

Not only is it in 9mm, but it has a 4.25" ramped barrel and an alloy frame, as well as some goofy multi-part extractor.

Aegis said...

I dunno, I think the actual Revelation 19:11 is better. Not saying that I don't agree wholeheartedly about the extractor spring, but come on. The verse is badass.

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Tam said...

Heh. I didn't even go look it up before making my joke, and now I'm thinking about getting Rev. 19:11 engraved on the slide of a pistol, because that'd be kinda cool...

Fred said...

I will admit, there is some nice poetry in that book if nothing else.

Tam said...

I just thought it would be some coldblooded s#!t to say to a m___f_____ before you pop a cap in his ass. :D

Fred said...

Heh... I haven't watched that in such a long time...

Tirno said...

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war." Rev 19:11

By any chance would this white horse be... a colt?

Now, I just need grip panels with the medallion of the St Gabriel Possenti Society embedded in it, chrome and stainless steel all around, and that's a church-gun, by God.

Fred said...

One of the few times I'd say to go with Ivory grips too.

aczarnowski said...

Ivory is classy. Pearl is for pimps.

Aegis said...

"Heh. I didn't even go look it up before making my joke, and now I'm thinking about getting Rev. 19:11 engraved on the slide of a pistol, because that'd be kinda cool..."

My thoughts exactly