What can you do to help?


You can get yourself a sweet outfit and enjoy a pants-free lifestyle too, but more importantly you can donate to help fund awareness campaigns and research into fighting these diseases. Simply go to the Kilted to Kick Cancer Donate page and make your tax deductible donation today! Please remember to select "Team Guns & Coffee" from the drop-down menu as well.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Browning 1911-22

Browning's apparently coming out with a .22lr chambered 1911 clone.  Cool.

Unfortunately (at least in my mind) is that they've decided to follow the Sig Mosquito and build it to be about 80% of the size of the centerfire equivalent.  Le'sigh, as the French would say.  I don't quite understand the reasoning for building scaled down .22lr clones unless you're going for the novelty approach like the old half-scale Tippman Browning Machine Guns.  Those were cute.

5 comments:

McVee said...

I like the look. While I'm not surprised they chose the 1911 over the H/P, I am kinda disappointed they're not doing one modeled after the H/P.

RobertM said...

I was interested until I saw it was scaled down, and priced almost double other .22 1911s I've looked at.

Fred said...

A 1:1 scaled H/P would be quite ballin'.

itsmeyourmom said...

Quite ballin' indeed!

Wilson said...

I kind of like it myself, but the price is definitely too high.