Thursday, November 18, 2010

Browning 1911-22

Browning's apparently coming out with a .22lr chambered 1911 clone.  Cool.

Unfortunately (at least in my mind) is that they've decided to follow the Sig Mosquito and build it to be about 80% of the size of the centerfire equivalent.  Le'sigh, as the French would say.  I don't quite understand the reasoning for building scaled down .22lr clones unless you're going for the novelty approach like the old half-scale Tippman Browning Machine Guns.  Those were cute.

5 comments:

McVee said...

I like the look. While I'm not surprised they chose the 1911 over the H/P, I am kinda disappointed they're not doing one modeled after the H/P.

Robert McDonald said...

I was interested until I saw it was scaled down, and priced almost double other .22 1911s I've looked at.

Fred said...

A 1:1 scaled H/P would be quite ballin'.

Anonymous said...

Quite ballin' indeed!

Wilson said...

I kind of like it myself, but the price is definitely too high.