Thursday, December 9, 2010

Multitasker Tube Update

I got one a few months back, and wrote it up here.  It's still rocking, and since then I've added a few things to the case, so I thought I'd toss up some pictures and mention what's what.

I picked up an Otis M16/M4 cleaning kit recently, and tossed a couple items into the Tube's case, making for a decent "quick problem solver" sort of kit.  I think I'm pretty well covered for most issues I've run into with using dirty dirty Wolf and the like.



















I added the short cable and bore brush from the Otis kit, along with a little bottle of CLP.  Between this and the Boresnake that lives in my ACS stock, I feel pretty well covered (I do need to grab the broken shell extractor out of my range bag and toss it in here now that I think of it...)

I've run into the problem of a stubborn chamber on the range before. Thankfully a squirt of CLP and a run through with a Boresnake took care of things, but having a dedicated chamber brush makes me feel better.  The Tube is threaded to be compatible with Otis components, and makes a great handle for the short cable and chamber brush.














Just lock the bolt back, insert the brush through the ejection port, and give it a few turns.  Follow it up with a pass or two from the Snake, and it's good to go.

Multitasker's full line is well worth checking out, and the Multitasker Tube still remains a great addition to your range bag or SHTF kit, or whatever you keep your AR stuff in.

Oh, I'll be reviewing another one of their offerings pretty soon too, as soon as I get a chance to try and break it.  Here's a teaser shot though.  Serendipity, thy name is Multitasker.

No comments: