Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mossberg Tactical Semi 20ga

I love my big 930 for blasting, but I also highly respect the 20 gauge with the right load, especially for smaller shooters who may be more recoil sensitive or have issues with the weight of a full size 12ga (the G&C 930 beastly gun is, well, beastly.)  The little 20ga 870 I snagged not too long ago has quickly won a close place in my heart, not only for being so darned cute, but for being such a lightweight and handy little gun.  I also feel a semi-auto shotgun are a good idea for home defense, especially for those less prone to actually practice.

So I'm pretty excited to see that Mossberg is going to be offering a "home defense" version of their SA-20 semi-auto 20ga shotgun.








My only complaint, offhand, is that they've got 20" barrels. I'd prefer the shortest legal length for a house gun.  However, ghost ring sights, optic rail, and light ready tri-rail up front are perfect ideas.  I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one of these.

1 comment:

ExurbanKevin said...

Hmmn, 20 gauge is the power factor floor for shotguns in most (if not all) three gun competitions.

Hmmmmn...

/me looks at the fairly-new 12 gauge Mossberg 930 SPX in his gun collection, looks at this new 20 gauge version, thinks about the controllability and speed of 20 gauge vs. that of 12 gauge...

Hmmmmn...