Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guess I'm Old...

The number of college kids sitting in the basement coffee house in our equivalent of a student union that are enjoying a beer at 1300 is simply mind boggling.  I know it's the season opener for the NFL, and it is Packers territory, but it's not unique to today.

I know it's slightly hypocritical of me, as I do enjoy a fine dark beer, but I think the cup of black coffee I have will be a better aid in my math class in a half hour than any lager has any hopes of...

2 comments:

JD said...

In Packer territory / Wisconsin in general, the alcohol consumption & ratio of bars to churches is astounding. Add into that the "look at me I'm 21 and can now legally drink" and it's a recipe for what you describe.

Brian G. Heyer said...

There are certain parts of town too where people start drinking at 1PM.

Both that part of town and the collegiate drinking wouldn't be sustained without taxpayer infusions of cash.