Sunday, November 13, 2011

Like Weeds...

They're popping up everywhere.


I'm still waiting for my permit, but the list of places I'll no longer be going is getting bigger everyday. It's their right as a business owner, but that doesn't mean I have to like it (and it's a shame in some places, that steak Applebee's gave me Friday was really good.


I am wondering why many of these places waited until concealed carry to post though, and not after the surge in Open Carry a couple years ago? I guess if you can't see it, you can't ask them to leave and claim "it's making other customers uneasy."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Colorado, when we see businesses with those signs we politely hand them a card:
http://www.rmgo.org/banning-businesses

You guys in Wis. should print some up of your own to hand out letting businesses know exactly why they are losing your (and others) business. It's a damn shame that they are resorting to disarming legally carrying citizens and removing their rights to protect themselves. For sure they don't have armed security there to protect you, so who will??

Tam said...

How much legal force do those signs have under the new law?

Fred said...

Fairly solid. I'll dig up the specifics when I'm out class in a couple hours.

Fred said...

Knowingly violating a properly posted property can carry up to a $500 fine and/or up to 30 days jail time.

The signs have to be a certain size (5"x7"?) and posted at every entrance where someone would reasonably see them when entering the building.