Sunday, February 19, 2012

Illumination Equipment?

What kind of lights do people out there like to use?

A while back I wrote up a piece about a training experience and how it led me to love having a white light on my gun.  I always intended to follow up on that one with an article about gear, but I've only been able to use a few different lights and mount setups.  I'd love to hear what some of your opinions are on different gear, and maybe see if we could round up some more examples of what's out there for a decent spread and compare some stuff.

Feel free to let us know what you like, dislike, and all that fun stuff down in the comments, and if you'd be willing to possibly loan some gear to the cause, shoot me an email and we'll see what we can get set up!

5 comments:

James said...

For rifles and shotguns, Elzetta. Very high quality and 100% made in the US.

Pics here and here.

Mike said...

I've been working with the new Inforce WML on my rifle lately. I like the concept, and the fact that it's lightweight. It's a user-configurable light that's pretty easy to work. Military Morons has a good write-up here: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/wlights2.html#wml

Six said...

I'm old hence old school. Heck, the first flashlight techniques I learned were the old FBI stuff! I tend toward handheld lights (though I am open and maybe beginning to see the light. heh heh.). I also found what I think are some great but inexpensive lights at COSTCO. They are about 20bucks and 3 to a pack. Let me know and I'll send you one. I'd also love to talk a bit about hand held tehniques and thoughts. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Fred said...

James, they do have some good looking stuff. I'd love to get some hands-on time with a few of their lights.

Mike, I've been eyeing up that WML unit a bit lately. Looks like it would fit well on the Magpul Cantalever mount I have on my newest carbine.

Six, I may have to take you up on that. Sounds interesting.

James said...

I really need to buy a second one for my other HD shotgun (why stop at two?) and a third one for handheld use.

If I had two, I'd send you one to T&E. The LED flood module is like an epiphany indoors - runtime, durability, and a beam that lights up more than a two-foot circle.