Sunday, June 13, 2010

Top Shot episode 2

Holy drawn out Blue Team shooting... well at least for Jim.  That just felt like they were milking it for every second they could.  On the other hand, good to see Blue Team dominating once again.  Can't help but cheer for Caleb.  I'm know he's not going to tell anybody, but I'm pretty sure he got pretty far in the contest.  There's been so little of him (heh) off the range that I'm sure they're saving up his airtime for later in the series.

I did like the challenge, everybody shooting the same gun helped to even things up.  If the sights were off they were off for everybody.  Not a fan of the M9, but that's just preference.  They do work, and they are pretty dang accurate if you know what you're doing.  I just don't like the grip, and I have big hands...

The more indepth coaching before the elimination challenge was nice too.  The challenge itself was... interesting.  Finally a scenario where you may get some benefit from Magpul's Aerial Platform Ops dvd?  I'd give it a try though.  Could be fun.

Looks like longbows next week.  I'll probably watch, but I can't get too excited about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of this type of show (realty) and have, for the most, avoided them in the past.. too much drama for my tastes. I was intrigued by the inclusion of Caleb and went ahead and tivo'd this. I have to say...it's entertaining, not nearly as bad as those you tube videos showing off mad ninja shooting skills (cringe). I've found quite a few interesting tidbits, more so when they have the guest experts helping during the elimination rounds and they comment after wards about each contestant. I agree as of now blue team is more likable overall, but I think Kelly is a formidable opponent and hope He goes farther too. Perhaps Caleb is not getting a lot of play because they're focusing on the dramarama bits? That seems to be the focus of the show at this juncture.
McVee

Fred said...

I agree, reality TV sucks in general, and I try to avoid it as much as I can, but if you toss guns in there I'll give it a look.

Apparently there's quite a bit of non-drama, technical-ish, type stuff online too. I'll have to check that out when I've got time.