Sunday, June 27, 2010

Top Shot episode 4

Wow, four episodes already!

So I'm writing this as the opening credits are rolling, and I'm just going go ahead and guess that the guys with traditional military sniper training are going to do best this week.  Just seems like the nature of the challenge, and it's similar to some of the stalking training they do (loosely, but still similar enough.)  We'll see how that guess works out in a half hour or so.

I'm going to stop giving things away a little for those who haven't seen the episode yet, so further stuff after the jump.




Watching Blake and J.J. shooting, after admitting they're not rifle guys, which really goes to show how user friendly the AR is.  Kelly needs to drive that gun more though.  Dynamic engagements (been watching Magpul stuff lately...) are a different beast than long range, so I can see him not being used to it.  But I do agree with getting that support hand far out and driving the rifle to the target.  Much much faster transitions and follow-up shots.

The actual challenge does look to be the most difficult so far though.  Some interesting methods to remember the targets.  Not sure what I would try personally, and kind of glad I don't have to worry about it.  It's easily the first challenge that I think I would have a hard time with, despite being pretty good with an A2.

As for elimination, the psych-ops Blue is doing to Red kind of makes me giggle.  Red is freakin' hurting, and even though they're not in the elimination, they're still falling apart due to the elimination!  Kelly seems still be reeling from the drama last week too, and this is just making it worse for him too.  Poor kid looked like he was laying in bed crying...  Thankfully that was really the only hint of "drama" in the episode.

The elimination challenge itself, after the challenge itself, hell, you can see your target!  That alone would make me feel much better.  It's still hard, but I'd feel much more comfortable at least.  As for the guys shooting, it almost seemed unfair.  It's just not Jim's thing, and Iain has the background for it.  I'm not too surprised though, Jim has seemed like the one guy on Blue who just has looked quite a bit out of his league for most of the game so far though.  I have to say I'm not that surprised at the outcome.

Looks like next week they're drummin' up the drama again though.... oh wells.  It was nice while it lasted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually starting to dig this show. I agree with how blue team handled the elimination in terms of doing whats best for the team.
Best,
McVee

Anonymous said...

Anyone else find it kinda funny that Jim's specialty is historical weapons and right after he gets eliminated the preview for the next episode is....