Sunday, December 19, 2010

Darkship Thieves















I picked this one up after the fantastic Larry Correia suggested it to his readers a little back.  In so many words, I'm very glad I did.  It has been a very fun ride, and one of the better space operas I've read in a while.  So good I had to come on here and let you guys know about it as soon as I finished (seriously, I finished the last sentence, pulled out the netbook, and typed this up.) I'm just going to go ahead and steal some of Larry's words on this one-
Darkship Thieves is classic sci-fi and it is very good. Honestly, reading it took me back to when I was a teenager and first discovered Heinlein. It is kind of a libertarian space-opera adventure. Sarah’s got big ideas, visualizes an interesting future, and writes a really fun main character. Athena Hera Sinestra is a troubled, snarky, pain in the ass, stubborn, rich kid, with an attitude. Basically she’s a badass, she’s funny, and you can’t help but root for her.
And I've got to say, I agree 100%. 

2 comments:

Six said...

Just started it Fred. I gotta agree, it's pretty dang good.

MrGarabaldi said...

Another one that is good is the Helmsman series by Bill Baldwin, those have been an enjoyable read. I do enjoy the website;)