Sunday, December 12, 2010

QOD

Robb sums up why I avoid debating gun banning and the like in any social situation.

The thing is, she’s a standard gun banner. Devoid of facts, bases her opinions primarily on emotions, can’t let people comment on her blog without approval, and completely lacking in any real common sense. I have no issues with other gun bloggers relentlessly poking fun at her, but for me I have other things to do, like clean the lint out of my belly button or trim my nose hairs.
If I realize I'm talking to somebody who's on the other side, I generally just change the subject or leave the AO.  It's simply not worth the time or effort really, I'm not going to change their minds, and I have enough frustration from everything else in my life.

I will admit that I did break my personal rule once, but there was much alcohol and a cute girl involved.

No comments: