Friday, January 21, 2011

TJIC Meme

You may have noticed the new graphic over on the left column.  In case you missed the post the other day, the story is that TJIC, a gun blogger and Massachusetts business owner, posted something on his blog right after the shooting in Tuscon the other weekend.  It may not have been in the best taste, and his views may or may not reflect that of my own, but what happened next is simply disgusting.

Apparently in Arlington, MA, your constitutional rights are exclusive and singular.  You're not allowed to collect the whole set.  In exchange for exercising his 1st Amendment Right, TJIC was forced to give up his 2nd.

This has also lead to a boycott of his online comic book store, Heavy Ink.
His views prompted comic book writers like Paul Cornell to tweet his fans, “I can’t stop someone selling my books, but please don’t buy them from HeavyInk.” 
I'll have to check the books that I'm reading, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't write any of them.  If he does, they're getting dropped.  I don't like your double standard there Mr. Cornell, your bread and butter stems from your 1st Amendment Right, and calling on your minions to force any financial hardship on someone for doing the same is simply despicable.  (Also, I'd love to know of any other writers who have done likewise.)

Borepatch and TotC have countered with a Buycott.  I'll have to see what graphic novels I'm in need of and pick up a few.

1 comment:

TJIC said...

Thanks for your support!