Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coffee Houses and Being a Coffee Snob

So I went to Starbucks earlier to show my thanks, and to be reminded that their coffee is still (no offense) mediocre and overpriced. Bland with a noticeable aftertaste. And their internet is less than easily accessible. I guess you have to buy some card and start an account, something I don't want to do, especially since I don't go there often. (This is only the third time I can think of ever going there)

So after a cup and a couple chapters of John Carter's adventures, I find myself once again at the hippy hideout, er Emy J's. Unfortunately, I'm inside a magic school bubble, so the Sig's in the trunk, but the coffee tastes better and I can get the internet without registering with them. Is it bad that I sacrifice a little bit of personal safety for a better cup of coffee?

2 comments:

Mike-ENDOtactical said...

Yea that whole "need a giftcard to use the internet" thing is dumb. I really like their coffee though. Gonna hit up one of the local ones tonight for a couple iced americanos then go for a drive tonight with my girlfriend like we always do on Sunday.

Fred said...

Yeah, there's a whole "Big Brother" feel to me with that setup. At least where I'm at now they just have a note posted by the register with the password. Keeps people from parking outside and using the network and still makes me feel less restricted.