Thursday, June 24, 2010

Biking grumbles...

First off, when taking your bike with you on trips away from home, don't forget your floor pump if you're running Presta valves.  You only want to use a mini-pump in an emergency.  That's not the kind of workout you're going for.

Secondly, busting a spoke and finally finding a bike shop 15 minutes after it closes is possibly even more frustrating.  At least my tire wasn't flat I guess, just a bit wobbly.

Hopefully I can beg and plead and get a wrench at one of the shops at home to get it fixed before I head back down here next week.  There's just too many trails around here too explore.

-
Hopefully back to a more regular blogging schedule by July...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you biking Fred?
Best,
McVee

Fred said...

La Crosse, WI area

Anonymous said...

I'd like to get up north more. When my Daughter was maybe a year My Wife and I did an unplanned vacation where we ended up in Eau Claire and then wandered through the back roads of the driftless area to La Crosse then down along the Mississippi river road until we got to Galena. Great memories!
Best,
McVee

Fred said...

It sure is pretty. I live in the middle of the state in a giant outwash plain, so honest to god topography is always enjoyable.